Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saving the Day - one meal at a time

 
There is a pleasant surprise in a great new product from Progresso - Recipe Starters.  They come in a variety of great flavors and "styles"- right now there are 5 sauce types.  Not all are strictly Italian or made for chicken or tomato based - anyone could multitask with these ready to go sauces... Creamy Parmesan Basil, Creamy Portabella Mushroom, Creamy Roasted Garlic, Creamy Three Cheese, Fire Roasted Tomato...

The most pleasant part of these Recipe Starters is the fact that most of the ingredients on the label read like a recipe card in my little box on the shelf - cream, Parmesan cheese, flour, basil, butter, salt, sour cream, condensed milk...  I like that.  Knowing what is IN my food brings me joy!
 
Progresso makes it easy to get a great meal pulled together in a pinch - Each can provides a recipe (on the label - no need to hunt online, unless you want to) and its all set up for 4 servings.  Even better, with your smart phone you can scan the QR code on the label and have 30 days of recipes in your hand! 

It takes 2 cans to feed my family, but one can is just right for smaller families, retirees with limited space, folks who are in a hurry to entertain a few friends after work... the options are unlimited.  I suppose you could even take these along camping - a great way to keep a passle of hungry campers happy is gourmet food!

Lest you find yourself worried that you might get tired of these sauces, Progresso has online support - tons of recipe ideas at their website.   I was excited to see that not all of the recipes are the standard "pasta and sauce" (a rut I find myself in) - They have pizza, casseroles, rice dishes, and sandwich ideas.  Your family doesn't need to know you are getting help from Progresso - the variety of ideas will keep them surprised and satisfied. 

When companies hear the cries of home cooks and answer with creative solutions that meet their needs the masses rise up and cheer.  For myself - I know these will be a "go to" as the school year gets busy, the holidays approach, and we have out of town guests.  Progresso's new Recipe Starters will save the day for my family!  Great idea Progresso - I can't wait to try the other flavors!

I have to say thanks to Bzz Agent for connecting me to a free sample and some coupons to try out this great product.  I love being a BzzAgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment