Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

Smoothing the years away - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1

 

I recently had another birthday and I have a handful of people who know what number I celebrated...  With each passing year I keep tabs on the fine lines, the smile lines, and the crow's feet... and we have done pretty well so far!  But with this birthday I have begun looking for more ways to keep those lines at bay...

Enter Covergirl Makeup infused with Olay.  BzzAgent has provided me with samples (and coupons!)  of the new COVERGIRL & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation and COVERGIRL & Olay Pressed Powder.   I will admit to being a little skeptical.  I like great coverage when I want it, but I also like the light feel of a foundation that isn't going to look caked on. 

The foundation is silky smooth, covers and makes my skin look and feel wonderful.  I love it.  It covers the occasional spot of discoloration and has a nice moisturizing quality.  It is very lightweight and easy to put on - the makeup comes in a pump, so no accidental spills, too.  The scent is light and fresh and fades - doesn't clash or stand out.

I have less to say about the powder.  It just isn't my thing.  Initially I really liked it, but I find myself avoiding using it - it cakes on and I feel like it actually makes me look older.  Its just not for me. I did like it when I was feeling a little shiny - it took that right out - but I don't know if it will be part of my regular routine when I am putting on my makeup in the morning.

Overall, though, the foundation is great and I love it.  There are a smattering of shades - making it easy to find one that matches your skin tone - and the texture and scent are wonderful, along with the coverage - lightweight but a good cover for discoloration and the occasional spot!

I love being a BzzAgent and getting the chance to try and talk about products that are on the market!  Thanks BzzAgent!

No comments:

Post a Comment